Potsdam, Berlin Germany... Chinese Tea House One of the most photographed places in Park Sanssouci is the Chinese Tea House. The circular pavilion was constructed between 1755 and 1764, when Chinese art was very popular. Frederick the Great had it built as a decorative piece, but the Chinese Tea House was also used for social events. The building has a central hall with three study rooms and is now used to display a collection of Chinese Porcelain.
mosque, Schwetzingen Castle, Schlosspark, Baden-Wurtemberg, Germany ~ Schwetzingen Castle, Germany (built in "Turkish style" from 1779-1791 by a French architect for the Prince Elector of the Palatinate). Photo: Wolfgang Staudt, via Flickr
The Dragon House is located in the northern part of Park Sanssouci, on the Klausberg. The house owes its name to the sixteen dragons placed on its roofs. It was built between 1770 and 1772 by Carl von Gontard when Frederick the Great had a great interest in Chinoiserie park structures. Since 1934 the Dragon House accomodates a restaurant and a cafe. Park Sanssouci, Potsdam, Germany