St. Dunstan-in-the-East was a Church of England parish church halfway between London Bridge and the Tower of London. There has been a church on this site since approximately 1100. The church was destroyed in 1941 during the London Blitz of WW2. The scarred and blackened walls of the old church remain and now surround a tranquil area designated as a peace garden. Very cool!
So..how did old chimney work? Why were there three hearth-looking holes? Did fires on three floors share the same chimney? That doesn't sound right. Anyone know?