Mys Aniva, Sakhalin, Russia - Sometime after the Soviets seized the whole of Sakhalin at the end of World War II, they installed an RTG (Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator) to supply electricity to the lamp – yes, this was a nuclear-powered lighthouse!
Cape St. George Light The Cape St. George Light is a 74-foot (23 m) high brick lighthouse which had originally stood for 153 years on St. George Island, Florida, until toppling into the Gulf of Mexico October 22, 2005. The pieces of the lighthouse were retrieved, and in April 2008, the light's restoration was completed. The light was first lit in 1852. Photo by: Kay Gaensler/flickr