1812 This bottle is taken from a medicine chest that belonged to the Duke of Kent. It was made by Savory and Moore, a firm of pharmacists in the West End. Thomas Paytherus established a pharmacy on Bond Street in 1794. He later took on Thomas Field Savory and Thomas Moore as partners in 1806 and sold them the business upon his retirement in 1811.
Antique apothecary or medicine chest, brass bound mahogany of George III or early English Regency. A fine chest such as would be found in good houses on campaign or at sea. The twin doors with lock open to reveal glass bottles and drawers with various items. The drawers with ivory handles. 18 inches high by 12 inches wide by 8 inches deep ( 45 cm by 30 cm by 20 cm) .- Gavin Douglas Antiques