Visit site
  • BB

    Visit Historic Maine, Two LIghts Lighthouse

  • Sheryl Lyssy

    Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse visited 10/2012

  • Karen Reed

    Capeelizabeth lighthouse

  • Jeana

    Light Houses

  • Kathie Bordelon

    Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse in Maine, also known as Two Lights, is located at the entrance to Casco Bay. The light was originally built in 1828 as two stone towers 300 yards apart. In 1874, these were replaced by cast iron conical towers, each 67’ high. The use of the multiple lights was discontinued in 1924. The western light was removed from service and is privately owned. The eastern tower remains in service as Cape Elizabeth Light. Two Lights State Park is named in honor of this station.

Related Pins

"Two Lighthouses In The Same Photo #2" by howardignatius on Flickr - This photograph shows both the Portland Head Light and the lessor known Ram Island Ledge Light. The Portland Light is a historic lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth, Maine - construction began in 1787. Materials used were rubble masonry and brick. Ram Island Ledge Light is a lighthouse in Casco Bay, Booth Harbor, Maine. It is no longer open to the public.

“Remember? We sat on a slab of rock. / From this distance in time / it seems the color / of iris, rotting and turning purpler, / but it was only / the usual gray rock / turning the usual green / when drenched by the sea.” ~ from “Water” by Robert Lowell

✯ Lighthouse in New Light - Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Cape Elizabeth Light also known as Two Lights is a lighthouse  Maine US 43.563611, -70.200000

Whale Watching in Maine. Look at the size of that whale!

Built in 1828, these lighthouses at Two Lights State Park, Cape Elizabeth, Maine, are the first twin lighthouses to be erected on the Maine coast. Originally twin lighthouses, the second has been inactive since 1924. The active light, subject of two Edward Hopper paintings, is the most powerful on the New England coast.