Lemon Custard Tart Cupcakes
Published on June 4, 2021
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 6 servings
- •429 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- •3 teaspoons baking powder
- •265 grams (1 1/4 cups) caster (superfine) sugar
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •375 milliliters (1 1/2 cups) of milk
- •125 milliliters vegetable oil
- •125 grams butter
- •2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (can substitute with sour cream)
- •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •2 large eggs
- •Zest of two lemon
- •1 batch of cream cheese frosting
- •1 teaspoon lemon essence
- •1 teaspoon yellow food dye
- •Pie crust or shortbread cookies (crushed)
- •Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven
- •In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes. Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- •Next combine all milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- •Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add zest of one lemon and mix for another 20 seconds.
- •Fill each paper 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- •Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- •Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
- •Prepare your buttercream frosting by adding yellow food dye and lemon essence and mixing until well combined.
- •To finish off your cupcakes frost in a swirl using a star nozzle.
- •Sprinkle with cookie crushed pie crust