Quartier Potsdam Hostel
·Potsdam is best known for the magnificent palaces and parks that date back to its time as the former royal seat of Prussia. Prussian pomp and splendour, a…
Last updated 4 years ago
The Heilbronner Portal in Friedenskirche (Church of Peace, Potsdam, Germany) leads from the cloister area to the Maryl Garden. It is a replica of a Romanesque portal at the Heilsbronn monastery in Franconia. The church is part of the palace grounds of Sanssouci Park under the patronnage of King Frederick William IV.
The New Palace (German: Neues Palais) is a palace situated on the western side of the Sanssouci royal park in Potsdam, Germany. The building was begun in 1763, after the end of the Seven Years' War, under Frederick the Great and was completed in 1769. It is considered to be the last great Prussian baroque palace.