Freer Gallery of Art
In 1906 industrialist Charles L. Freer donated his collection of art to the Smithsonian Institution and the people of the United States. The acclaimed architect, landscape architect, and illustrator Charles A. Platt designed an Italian Renaissance style museum in 1918 to house Freer’s unsurpassed holdings of art. Platt intended the courtyard garden to be a place for quiet introspection when the museum opened to the public in 1923.
9 Pins2.74k Followers