Shop SCIWAY - Quality South Carolina Products
Pawleys Island is located 12 miles north of Georgetown and 22 miles south of Myrtle Beach. This relaxed beach community has only 200 year-round residents, but thousands of part-time residents and visitors. It is often described (with pride) as "arrogantly shabby."
The Possum Trot School is located in the small upstate town of Gaffney. It was built in 1880 and is one of the few remaining one-room schools in South Carolina.
Cypress Gardens was created in 1909 by Benjamin Rufus Kitteredge on the original rice fields of Dean Hall Plantation. Today, the walking paths through the gardens follow the tops of the dikes. Kittredge opened the gardens to the public in 1932.
Located at 200 East Bay Street in historic downtown Charleston, the United States Custom House was completed in 1879 and is one of only several historical custom buildings that continues to serve its original purpose.
Botany Bay is a 4,687-acre wildlife preserve located on Edisto Island. The early history of Botany Bay can be traced back to two plantations — Bleak Hall Plantation and Sea Cloud Plantation.
Since its completion in 2004, the Liberty Bridge has become Greenville’s most recognizable landmark and a unique symbol of the city’s downtown revitalization efforts.
The Morris Island Lighthouse, located just off the northern coast of Folly Beach, proudly guards the Charleston Harbor. When it was built in 1876, the lighthouse stood almost a mile inland – it now stands in the Atlantic Ocean, leaning casually to one side.
Chau-Ram Falls (pronounced “chaw-ram”) is located within Chau-Ram County Park in Westminster. This 40-foot cascading waterfall is the centerpiece of the park, which is often referred to as Oconee County‘s best kept secret.
The Old Sheldon Church, formerly known as the Prince William Parish Church, has had a tumultuous and eventful history. From its first service in 1757 to its present peaceful setting, the church has followed the travails of our region’s history.
Brookgreen Gardens is one of South Carolina’s most beloved landmarks. Located just south of Murrells Inlet in Georgetown County, this historic sculpture garden and wildlife preserve is a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike.
Awesome new political thriller set in the historic seaport of Georgetown, SC!
The riverwalk is a great place to stroll along the meandering Waccamaw River. Not only can you enjoy this famous blackwater river, but you will also come across rustic wooden buildings, a playground, marinas, picnic tables, and an elegant inn. At the end of the trail is a magnificent arboretum that features a wide variety of trees and plants.
Riley Moore Falls, while not especially tall, is nonetheless magnificent. It spans the entire width of the Chauga River – a full 100 feet!
Located in the small fishing village of Little River, the Governor’s Lighthouse was commissioned in 1984 by Governor Richard Riley. This small, aptly-named lighthouse was built to honor all South Carolina governors, past and present.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach State Park consists of over 300 acres of maritime forest and unspoiled coastline. In addition to the fishing pier, the park also includes campgrounds, hiking trails, and an interactive nature center.
Caesar’s Head was established as a state park in 1979. The most famous part of the park is at its southern edge, where you will find a large, isolated granite rock protruding over an expansive valley. The giant rock formed approximately 409 million years ago, and stands 3,266 feet above sea level.
The sun sets on another workday for these shrimp trawlers docked at Crosby’s Fish and Shrimp, located in Charleston County. Locally owned and operated, Crosby’s has been serving Folly Beach and James Island for over 30 years.
The Gaston Livery Stable in Aiken was constructed in 1893 and is made entirely of locally-produced brick. Of the five brick barns remaining in South Carolina, it is believed to be the oldest. At two floors and 12,000 square feet, it is also one of only four barns in the country to still have an original carriage lift.
The Glenn Springs Presbyterian Church is part of the Glenn Springs Historic District, which is located in Spartanburg County in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Glenn Springs was known for its healing waters and its famous resort, which was a favorite destination for travelers for nearly 60 years.
The Biggin Church ruins located in Moncks Corner are all that remain of a church that was constructed in the early 1700s.
The railroad was such an integral factor in the founding of the town of Varnville in Hampton County that the town has lovingly restored this depot which was built in the 1880s.