School Sisters of Notre Dame

156 followers
·
4 following
We are an international congregation of approximately 2,500 vowed women religious who have dedicated themselves to a lifestyle of prayer, community and service.
School Sisters of Notre Dame
More ideas from School Sisters

Brass, Copper

Brass, Copper

Brass, Copper

This statue, Our Lady of Fatima, was relocated to St. Louis when LeClerc College, in Belleville, Ill., closed in 1949.

This statue, Our Lady of Fatima, was relocated to St. Louis when LeClerc College, in Belleville, Ill., closed in 1949.

This figure, entitled Take This Child and Make Him Grow, in Elm Grove, Wis., symbolizes the SSND educational mission.

This figure, entitled Take This Child and Make Him Grow, in Elm Grove, Wis., symbolizes the SSND educational mission.

Mary, Mother, Model and Companion in the Novitiate Garden in Ghana, Africa, reminds us that we walk with Mary in our struggles.

Mary, Mother, Model and Companion in the Novitiate Garden in Ghana, Africa, reminds us that we walk with Mary in our struggles.

This statue at Villa Assumpta in Baltimore was created to be a material expression of the theme of the Assumption.

This statue at Villa Assumpta in Baltimore was created to be a material expression of the theme of the Assumption.

Notre Dame Academy alumnae donated this statue of Our Lady of Grace in 1952 to Notre Dame Convent, Waterdown, Ontario, Canada.

Notre Dame Academy alumnae donated this statue of Our Lady of Grace in 1952 to Notre Dame Convent, Waterdown, Ontario, Canada.

These statues are in the chapel at Villa Notre Dame, which was completed in 1961, in Wilton, Conn.

These statues are in the chapel at Villa Notre Dame, which was completed in 1961, in Wilton, Conn.

Patroness of the former Dallas Province, Our Lady of Prompt Succor in St. Mary of the Pines, Chatawa, Miss.

Patroness of the former Dallas Province, Our Lady of Prompt Succor in St. Mary of the Pines, Chatawa, Miss.

Our Lady of Grace, now at Kyoto Notre Dame University, was created in 1949 from a photo supplied by the sisters in Japan.

Our Lady of Grace, now at Kyoto Notre Dame University, was created in 1949 from a photo supplied by the sisters in Japan.

This statue of Our Lady of Good Counsel welcomes all who venture up Good Counsel Hill’s 217 steps in Mankato, Minn.

This statue of Our Lady of Good Counsel welcomes all who venture up Good Counsel Hill’s 217 steps in Mankato, Minn.

Our Lady of Grace began welcoming pioneer sisters, candidates and boarders to the Canadian Motherhouse in 1927.

Our Lady of Grace began welcoming pioneer sisters, candidates and boarders to the Canadian Motherhouse in 1927.

This dress (made by Sister Theresa Dietz) was worn by Sister Elizabeth Newman at the 6th Extended General Council meeting in El Progresso, Honduras, 1985.

This dress (made by Sister Theresa Dietz) was worn by Sister Elizabeth Newman at the Extended General Council meeting in El Progresso, Honduras,

From the left: Woodwork from Germany, a wall hanging of a Madonna and Child, and red wax art "Herr Segne Unser Heim" (Lord, bless our home) from West Germany. Similar artwork is found in large and small sizes in many homes and convents.

From the left: Woodwork from Germany, a wall hanging of a Madonna and Child, and red wax art "Herr Segne Unser Heim" (Lord, bless our home) from West Germany. Similar artwork is found in large and small sizes in many homes and convents.