Past locations of The Lambs, America's first professional theater club. Where we've been, and where we are.
Our current quarters, since 1976, 3 West 51st Street. Just between Radio City Music Hall and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
The inside of The Lambs, at Keen's in 1899.
The expanded 44th Street Clubhouse as it looked in the 1960's. This building has been gutted and remodeled into the Chatwal Hotel,. and they feature a bar & restaurnt called "The Lambs Club" - not related in any way to The Lambs.
In 1905 The Lambs erected it's own clubhouse at 130 W 44th Street, Designed by Stanford White.
The second floor of Keen's Chophouse is still called The Lambs Room. The remodeling into The Lambs Clubhouse was designed by member Stanford White
Keen's Chophouse, 1897-1905. First it was Keen's, then The Lambs, and then Keen's, as it remains today.
In 1891 at The Gilsey House, 1200 Broadway at 29th St., no a condominium.
1880-189 The Lambs was located in a brownstone at 34 West 26th St.
1876 - 848 Broadway, a small bar next door to Wallack's Theater, nicknamed "The Match Box"
Union Square. 1875 at the Morton House, then later that year at the Union Square Hotel. In 1877-78 The Lambs was at 6 Union Square, and in 1878 at 19 East 16th Street,
Delmonico's Restaurant. The first dinner of The Lambs was held here, on the NE Corner of 5th Avenue and 14th Street.