Presidents of the University of Scranton
Naming of Dexter Hanley College, 1976
Photograph of the naming of Dexter Hanley College at the University of Scranton on June 1, 1976. Rev. Dexter L. Hanley, S. J. (far left) was president of the University of Scranton from September 1, 1970 through January 7, 1975. Also pictured are Charles J. Buckley (Hanley College Dean, second from left), John J. Burns (Hanley College Associate Dean), and University President Rev. William J. Byron, S.J.
Presidents' Club, 1971
Photograph of a collection of drawn portraits of former presidents of the University of Scranton and St. Thomas College, prepared in June 1971 for the Presidents Club annual dinner-dance. Alumnus Terrence Gallagher drew the portraits, which were on display in the Student Center ballroom during the event.
Dia Panamericano, 1943
Photograph from an August 1943 event of the Escuelas Internacionales de la America Latina (International Correspondence Schools of Latin America) held in Scranton, Pennsylvania in celebration of Dia Panamericano (Panamerican Day). University of Scranton President W. Coleman Nevils, S.J. (left) shakes hands with David J. Gray, who presided over the event.
Inauguration of Rev. Aloysius C. Galvin, S.J., 1965
Black and white photograph of Rev. Aloysius C. Galvin, S.J. with family members present at his presidential inauguration. From left to right, John T. Galvin, III (brother), Sister Helen Mercedes, SND (sister), Rev. Aloysius C. Galvin, S.J., and Mrs. Herbert O'Connor, Jr. (sister).
Inauguration of Fr. Sponga, S.J., 1963
Photograph of Fr. Edward J. Sponga, S.J. speaking during the diamond anniversary convocation and his inauguration as the sixteenth University of Scranton president, which took place on Friday, September 20th, 1963 in the Gunster Student Center. Also pictured are Gov. William W. Scranton and Bishop Jerome D. Hannan.
Inauguration of Rev. J. Eugene Gallery, S.J., 1948
Black and white photograph of Rev. J. Eugene Gallery, S.J. at his presidential inauguration, receiving a copy of the University's original charter from Rev. Edward G. Jacklin, Vice President of the University and Dean of Studies. The inauguration took place in the Masonic Temple Auditorium. Seated at the far left is Orphans' Court Judge James F. Brady.