Fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona. Designed in 1651 by Gian Lorenzo Bernini for Pope Innocent X. Representing four major rivers of the four continents through which papal authority had spread: the Nile representing Africa, the Danube representing Europe, the Ganges representing Asia, and the Río de la Plata representing the Americas.
Piazza Navona - Fontana del Nettuno- The basin part of the Fontana del Nettuno, (without the sculptures) was designed in 1574 by Giacomo Della Porta, who also designed the Moor Fountain at the other side of the square. It was sponsored by pope Gregory XIII. The lower part of the basin consists of white marble and the upper part of the local stone from Pietrasanta. It was finally completed in 1878 by Antonio della Bitta, who added the imposing sculpture of "Neptune fighting with an octopus"…
Piazza Navona Fontana del Moro - The fountain was originally designed by Giacomo della Porta in 1575 with the dolphin and four Tritons. In 1653, the statue of the Moor, by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, was added. In 1874, during a restoration of the fountain, the original statues were moved to the Galleria Borghese and replaced with copies.
Cirkelbroen (The Circle Bridge) by Danish-Icelandic installation artist Olafur Eliasson Christianshavns Kanal, Copenhagen. Photographed by Anders Sune Berg. A gift from Nordea-fonden to the city of Copenhagen. via arch daily