Vintage Los Angeles and the Southland

Collection by Pentax • Last updated 17 hours ago

2.27k 
Pins
 • 
3.48k 
Followers
Pentax
"Diaper service trucks and the mothers with babies they service" by Ralph Crane for LIFE Magazine (June 16, 1958) New Urbanism, Classic Chevy Trucks, Triumph Motorcycles, Custom Motorcycles, Vintage Images, Vintage Designs, Vintage Posters, Urban Life, Modified Cars

"Diaper service trucks and the mothers with babies they service" by Ralph Crane for LIFE Magazine (June 16, 1958)

The Wilcox Hotel and Drug Store, located at 6500 Selma Avenue on the southwest corner of Wilcox Avenue (ca. 1942) Multi Story Building, Hollywood, Drug Store, Corner, Vintage, Vintage Comics

The Wilcox Hotel and Drug Store, located at 6500 Selma Avenue on the southwest corner of Wilcox Avenue (ca. 1942)

"Diaper service trucks and the mothers with babies they service" by Ralph Crane for LIFE Magazine (June 16, 1958) Life Magazine, My Photos, Car, June 16, Outdoor, Image, Mothers, Trucks, Babies

"Diaper service trucks and the mothers with babies they service" by Ralph Crane for LIFE Magazine (June 16, 1958)

A nighttime image of the original Bob’s Big Boy restaurant, which was located at 900 East Colorado Street in Glendale (ca. 1945) Museum Of Neon Art, Big Boy Restaurants, Glendale California, Vintage Neon Signs, Neon Nights, Old Signs, Historical Images, Googie, Vintage Photographs

A nighttime image of the original Bob’s Big Boy restaurant, which was located at 900 East Colorado Street in Glendale (ca. 1945)

Tobey’s Drug Store (now Gil Turner's), located at 9101 Sunset Boulevard at the northwest corner of Doheny Drive and the Sunset (ca. 1949) Vintage Hollywood, West Hollywood, Garden Of Allah, Fine Wine And Spirits, The Golden Years, Sunset Strip, Los Angeles California, Will Turner, Vintage Photographs

Tobey’s Drug Store (now Gil Turner's), located at 9101 Sunset Boulevard at the northwest corner of Doheny Drive and the Sunset (ca. 1949)

This is an image of the concrete core remains of the Hill Street tunnels (which connected First Street and Temple Street) as seen from the Temple end in downtown Los Angeles during their demolition (1955). Grand Park occupies the site now as flat land. Los Angeles Area, Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles California, Old Pictures, Old Photos, Vintage Photos, California History, Southern California

This is an image of the concrete core remains of the Hill Street tunnels (which connected First Street and Temple Street) as seen from the Temple end in downtown Los Angeles during their demolition (1955). Grand Park occupies the site now as flat land.

Looking south along Santa Monica beach toward the pier (1929)

Looking south along Santa Monica beach toward the pier (1929)

The Hollywood Theatre, located at 6764 Hollywood Boulevard, and neighboring businesses (ca. April 1942)

The Hollywood Theatre, located at 6764 Hollywood Boulevard, and neighboring businesses (ca. April 1942)

A view of the Boyle Heights Sears Roebuck, located at 2650 East Olympic Boulevard, looking from just east of Soto Street, showing the Shull & Phillips tire shop, a Foster and Kleiser billboard for United States Rubber Company tires, the Sears Building, and a Coca-Cola delivery truck (1950)

A view of the Boyle Heights Sears Roebuck, located at 2650 East Olympic Boulevard, looking from just east of Soto Street, showing the Shull & Phillips tire shop, a Foster and Kleiser billboard for United States Rubber Company tires, the Sears Building, and a Coca-Cola delivery truck (1950)

The Los Angeles Central Library under construction as seen from Hope Street (November 2, 1925)

The Los Angeles Central Library under construction as seen from Hope Street (November 2, 1925)

Third Street in Santa Monica in 1950, long before it was made into a pedestrian promenade in November 1965 Santa Monica California, Southern California, Vintage California, California History, California Usa, Usa Street, Third Street, Main Street, Ocean Park

Third Street in Santa Monica in 1950, long before it was made into a pedestrian promenade in November 1965